Health & Safety
Updated November 17, 2021
- We are committed to bringing live performances back to our spaces, while maintaining guest safety as our #1 priority.
- Our policies and protocols for responding to the COVID-19 pandemic were created with the safety of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors to all of our campuses in mind.
- Our primary goal is to continue the College’s vital mission of education and workforce training while providing safe and secure facilities.
- These plans are aligned and consistent with local orders and ordinances, as well as the State of North Carolina’s Phased Reopening Model.
- Our plans will also follow recommendations from the federal government (Opening Guidelines), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the North Carolina Department of Public Health.
Keeping You Safe: Facility Protocols
- All Wilson Center staff and volunteers are required to provide the Wilson Center with proof of vaccination or a negative PCR/rapid antigen (no at-home) test for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of their shift.
- Our custodial staff has been thoroughly trained on best practices to keep our facility clean. They use both a “hands-on” approach to hard and frequently-touched surfaces and commercial disinfectant sprayers for soft surfaces, such as our seats and lobby furniture.
- All employees completed the Count On Me NC training, which is accepted as best practice by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
- Employees and volunteers will all be equipped with PPE, as well as disinfectant wipes, to regularly wipe down their areas of use.
- All employees are required to follow CFCC’s Campus Exposure Procedure. CFCC administration reports regularly to the specialists at the health departments of New Hanover and Pender counties.
- We amended our backstage protocols to ensure that all touring and performing groups are following the latest guidance from the CDC and industry professionals. All departments of our facility are taking all reasonable precautions from back to front-of-house.
- There is scientific consensus that air purification and good ventilation can reduce airborne germs in indoor spaces. The HVAC system at the Wilson Center is a modern, high efficiency air conditioning system completed in 2015. It uses MERV 13 rated filters – the highest level of filtration typically used in commercial buildings, and all outside (ventilation) air is filtered and conditioned. Our system meets or exceeds the recommendations of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers for air conditioning systems operation during pandemic conditions.
- Artist is responsible for determining vaccination and/or test requirements for their staff, performers, and guests of the event. Venue will support Presenter with enforcing these requirements. Vaccination requirements can be found on the event page.
Be Our Guest: What to Expect
Security and Entry Process
- Accessibility services are still available, but we emphasize that your companion is always the preferred assistant. More information can be found on our Accessibility page.
- We will open our lobby doors 60 minutes prior to showtime to allow for less crowding and queueing. We encourage you to arrive early!
- Pre-security queueing will happen outside, in open air.
- We utilize cutting-edge security screening equipment, Evolv, which allows you to pass quickly and touch-free through the process. Please remember that, with certain exceptions, bags larger than 12”x12”x6” are not permitted. For those who need to bring a bag, a small, clutch-size bag is preferred.
- For more information about security and entry, visit our Safety First page.
Lobby and Concessions
- We encourage you to use credit/debit whenever possible.
- Sanitation stations placed throughout the Center.
- Custodians regularly disinfect all surfaces.
Guidelines for Patrons: What Can YOU Do?
- Please do not come to an event if you have any of the following symptoms:
– Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
– Repeated shaking with chills
– Runny nose or new sinus congestion
– Muscle pain
– Sore throat
– New GI symptoms
– New loss of taste or smell
Masks, Vaccine Requirements, & Social Distancing
- Artist is responsible for determining mask, vaccination, and/or test requirements for guests.
- These requirements vary on a show-by-show basis, please check the specifc show event description or the table below for the requirements for that show.
- If masks are required for your show: masks must be worn for the duration or the event, regardless of vaccinnation status (unless actively eating or drinking).
- Social distancing protocols, while still encouraged for unvaccinated people, are not required at the present time.
The Wilson Center understands that as you consider buying tickets for future events, you are weighing numerous “what ifs.” While we cannot control the future, nor predict the evolving responses to the COVID-19 pandemic both locally and nationally, we CAN assure you that the Wilson Center will always put guest safety first, and we will stand behind any ticket that you purchase for our future events with our COVID-19 Promise. For more information about our current policy, visit our COVID-19 Promise page. Policies are subject to change.
Other Ways to Help
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, please use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Thank you for being patient and kind to all volunteers, staff, and each other as we all try to adjust to a new normal.
- Please visit cfcc.edu/coronavirus for more information regarding Cape Fear Community College’s policies.
- For information on event cancellations and postponements, visit our Event Status page.