Apply for Broadway for a Better World
Click here to begin the application or continue scrolling. Grant applications may be submitted at any time. Awards will be granted twice a year, once in January, and again in July. If your organization is interested in learning more about the Broadway for a Better World Program, please contact Jacki Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for an award in the January 2023 cycle, applicants must submit their grant application by January 23, 2023.
Any nonprofit organization in New Hanover and Pender Counties is eligible to apply. Priority is given to applications by organizations that serve young people under the age of 18. Any Cape Fear Community College class or student organization is also eligible to apply (please select CFCC Class or Student Organization in the application).
- A digital copy of your organization’s non-profit 501(c)(3) IRS tax letter to upload.
- Basic contact and address information for your organization.
- Show preference with date/time preference for shows with multiple performances (see “Which events are eligible for the grant award?” for the full list.
Grant applications may be submitted at any time. Awards will be granted twice a year, once in January, and again in July.
To be considered for an award in the January 2023 cycle, applicants must submit their grant application by January 23, 2023. Grantees will be notified of ticket awards on January 25, 2023.
All Wilson Center Presents shows are eligible for award, including the PNC Broadway Series, Stars Series, Wonder Series, and MOVE! Dance Series. Please note, the Wilson Center has rolling announcements for the Stars and Wonder Series; new shows may be announced at any time. For shows with multiple performances, please also list your date/time preference.
Current Eligible Shows (as of January 5, 2023):
- Jan. 28-29, 2023: Annie
- Feb. 14, 2023: Dancing With The Stars: Live!
- Feb. 22 & 23, 2023: Cleo Parker Robinson Dance “Journeys”
- Mar. 1, 2023: Malevo
- Mar. 2, 2023: New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players: The Mikado
- Mar. 4-5, 2023: Chicago
- Mar. 13, 2023: Jazz at Lincoln Center Presents “Songs We Love”
- Mar. 17, 2023: Paul Taylor Dance Company
- Mar. 18, 2023: Dragons and Mythical Beasts
- Mar. 21-22, 2023: Legally Blonde
- Apr. 18-19, 2023: Jesus Christ Superstar
- Apr. 22-23, 2023: RAIN – A Tribute to the Beatles
- Apr. 27 & 28, 2023: Invertigo Dance Theatre “Formulae & Fairy Tales”
- May 6-7, 2023: My Fair Lady
- May 24 & 25, 2023: Pioneer Winter Collective “Birds of Paradise”
The Arts Council of Wilmington and New Hanover County will notify awardees. The number of tickets and show the tickets are for will be discussed/confirmed at this time. Currently, the maximum number of tickets you can apply for and be awarded is 20. For the January 2023 cycle, grantees will be notified of ticket awards on January 25, 2023.
For any questions about applications or granted tickets, please contact our Jacki Booth at 910-362-7897 or via email at email@example.com.