Apply for Broadway for a Better World
Click here to begin the application or continue scrolling. Grant applications may be submitted at any time. Awards will be granted twice a year, once in January, and again in July. If your organization is interested in learning more about the Broadway for a Better World Program, please contact Jacki Booth at email@example.com.
To be considered for an award in the January 2024 cycle, applicants must submit their grant application by January 8th, 2024.
Any nonprofit and/or tax-exempt organization in New Hanover and Pender Counties is eligible to apply. Priority is given to applications by organizations that serve young people under the age of 18, but we welcome applications that will support any and all untapped folks in New Hanover and Pender Counties. In addition, any Cape Fear Community College class or student organization is also eligible to apply (please select CFCC Class or Student Organization in the application).
- A digital copy of your organization’s non-profit 501(c)(3) or other tax-exempt IRS tax letter to upload.
- Basic contact and address information for your organization.
- Show preference with date/time preference for shows with multiple performances (see “Which events are eligible for the grant award?” for the full list.
- Your story! Please tell us how these tickets will be used to aid the untapped communities you serve. Our grant panel gives priority to applicants who will be putting these tickets directly into the hands of those you serve.
Grant applications may be submitted at any time. Awards will be granted twice a year, once in January, and again in July.
To be considered for an award in the January 2024 cycle, applicants must submit their grant application by January 8th, 2024. Grantees will be notified of ticket awards on February 1st, 2024.
All Wilson Center Presents shows are eligible for award, including the PNC Broadway Series, Stars Series, Wonder Series, and MOVE! Dance Series. Please note, the Wilson Center has rolling announcements for the Stars and Wonder Series; new shows may be announced at any time. For shows with multiple performances, please also list your date/time preference.
Upcoming Eligible Shows :
Cirque Mechanics Zephyr
- Monday, February 5, 2024 7:30pm
The Cher Show
The Simon & Garfunkel Story
- Wednesday, February 14, 2024 7:30pm
- Thursday, February 15, 2024 7:30pm ASL interpretation will be offered at this performance
- Tuesday, February 20, 2024 7:30pm
- Thursday, February 22, 2024 7:30pm
Wilmington Symphony Orchestra – Saint Georges’ Sword and Bow
- Friday, February 23, 2024 7:30pm
Sing and Swing, a Jazz at Lincoln Center PRESENTS Production
- Sunday, February 25, 2024 4:00pm
- Tuesday, February 27, 2024 7:30pm
- Saturday, March 2, 2024 7:30pm
- Friday, March 15, 2024 7:00pm
- Saturday, March 16, 2024 7:30pm
Wilmington Symphony Orchestra – Masquerade
50th Anniversary of Prairie Home Companion
- Saturday, March 23, 2024 7:30pm
Dinosaur World Live
- Sunday, March 24, 2024 7:30pm
- Saturday, April 13, 2024 4:00pm
- Saturday, April 13, 2024 7:00pm
Wilmington Symphony Orchestra – Harp and Soul
- Saturday, April 27, 2024 7:30pm
¡Viva Mexico! ¡Viva America!
- Saturday, May 11, 2024 7:30pm
Shrek the Musical
- Friday, June 21, 2024 7:30pm
- Saturday, June 22, 2024 2:00pm
- Saturday, June 22, 2024 7:30pm ASL interpretation will be offered at this performance
- Sunday, June 23, 2024 2:00pm
The Arts Council of Wilmington and New Hanover County will notify awardees via an email award letter. The number of tickets and show the tickets are for will be discussed/confirmed at this time. Currently, the maximum number of tickets you can apply for and be awarded is 20. For the January 2024 cycle, grantees will be notified of ticket awards by February 1, 2024.
For any questions about applications or granted tickets, please contact our Education & Engagement Coordinator, Jacki Booth via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.